Confused on whether a check is an ARC, BOC, RCK, RDC, ECI, IRD, or just an old-fashioned check? Can’t remember the return timeframe for different items? Although the consumer believes he or she is writing traditional checks, sometimes merchants convert these items into electronic checks, leaving financial institutions to decipher which rules to follow. This webinar will explore the difference between check conversions and check presentments, including the existing ACH Rules and new Regulation CC requirements. You will also learn the risks and benefits associated with newer technologies like ACH check conversion, mobile RDC, and electronically created items.
- Examination of the various ways that check items can be presented and cleared through the ACH network and the check clearing network
- Define acronyms, including ARC, BOC, RCK, RDC, ECI, and IRD
- Difference between returning an item presented as a check and a source document presented as an ACH transaction
- Key provisions of Regulation CC final amendments to prepare for implementation by July 1, 2018
- Duplicate indemnity for mobile remote deposit capture according to Regulation CC updates
- Check/ACH item comparison chart
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit ACH and check professionals, audit/compliance staff, and payments operations personnel.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Jen Kirk, AAP, MBA, EPCOR
Jen Kirk is the VP of Industry Relations, for EPCOR. She has been with EPCOR since 2002, and has presented at several national conferences on subjects such as ACH risk, ACH enforcement, ACH relationships, government ACH payments, and preparing for the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) exam. Jen has served as a member of the National ACH Association (NACHA) Rules and Operations Committee, Member Rules Review Panel, Electronic Check Council, and was co-chair of the National ACH Forum Education Committee. Jen obtained her AAP in 2003, and received an MBA from Ohio University in 2008.
Originally recorded on June 8, 2018.
Recorded webinar link is available until December 31, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.