From the initial analysis, to the TRID disclosure, to the annual statement, there are numerous compliance requirements for escrow accounts – and lots of room for errors! Noncompliance penalties can add up quickly. RESPA, TILA, and flood rules all address when escrow is required. This webinar will review the entire escrow process from start to finish, including compliance requirements, common errors, and examiner citations from field audits and exams that highlight compliance “hot buttons.” This program will include frequently asked questions and provide checklists to ensure escrow compliance and that your disclosures and statements are complete, compliant, and correct.
- When does escrow apply under RESPA, TILA (for high-priced mortgages), and flood rules?
- Initial analysis for proper escrow amounts
- How should escrow be disclosed on your TRIDs?
- What should be included in the initial disclosure and annual and short-year statements?
- Handling a shortage, surplus, or deficiency
- FAQs and common errors cited in field audits and examinations
- Audit procedures for escrow requirements
- Checklists to test disclosure content
- The manual will be provided in procedural language to easily adapt it to your own policies
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, lending personnel, and auditors.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Ann Brode-Harner, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode-Harner began her career in 1973 and has continued her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has spoken to audiences across the country for over 30 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state associations and has taught at the School of Banking Administration at the University of Wisconsin as well as many other state banking schools. Ann is the author of The Bank Deposit Documentation Manual for Front-Line Personnel published by Bankers Publishing Company, and is well represented in numerous industry publications.
Originally recorded on May 15, 2018.
Recorded webinar link is available until November 30, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.