Understanding bank ratios is critical to evaluating and improving your bank’s performance – and nothing provides better information than the Uniform Bank Performance Report (UBPR). Strategies for improving bank performance are important in all economic cycles and this webinar will address relatively new issues facing community bankers. You will learn about the critical component of independence – shareholder value, and the most important measure of shareholder return: return on equity. Do you understand how your bank compares to other local and national peer institutions? Use this information in strategic planning or daily decision-making to add profitability, improve liquidity, improve asset quality, increase shareholder value, understand the non-maturity account surge, etc. This pragmatic program will provide information you can use immediately and offers excellent training for the board of directors in overseeing bank performance.
NOTE: Please have a copy of your most recent UBPR available during the webinar so you can compare the presenter’s comments with your bank’s numbers.
- Examine your bank the way regulators do
- Understand and improve bank profitability and shareholder value
- Explore the components of net interest margin
- Compare asset quality and OREO with others
- Gain perspective on the allowance for loan and lease losses
- Compare your use of wholesale funding to peers
- Deepen your understanding of interest-rate risk
- Get the UBPR for your bank and competitors
- Build an easy-to-use model for calculating the dollar amount of peer differences
- Build an easy-to-use model for graphing historical ratio relationships
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for community bank presidents, CFOs, and directors who want to remain proactive. It can also be used as training for new officers.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Gary J. Young, Young & Associates, Inc.
Gary J. Young is founder of Young & Associates, Inc. During 40 years in consulting and 50 years in the industry, he has assisted hundreds of financial institutions from coast-to-coast with improving shareholder value and profit, establishing effective strategic plans, management assessments, regulatory concerns, budgeting, asset/liability management, expansion planning, and mergers and acquisitions.
Gary is a popular speaker due to his practical and valuable insight and has conducted seminars throughout the United States and in Europe. Gary is on the board of a community bank, manages a bank investment fund, and is a co-founder of Capital Market Securities, Inc., which assists with mergers and acquisitions.
Originally recorded on May 22, 2019.
Recorded webinar is available until December 31, 2019.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.