Managing agricultural lending risk and opportunities require practices that have stood the test of time, regardless of the economic cycle. The agricultural industry is now in the fifth year of an economic reset. What are the domestic and global macro-economic factors that will impact the individual credit and overall loan portfolio? International trade, interest rates, and mega trends, such as consumer trends and technology, are variables that can influence the direction of agriculture and ag lending. What are the latest agricultural lending practices in determining sound credits and those that offer opportunity for growth, versus those that are incurring portfolio risk? What are the top credit risks in agricultural lending?
- Status of the economic drivers of change in the current cycle, domestically and globally
- Wisdom of lending practices, regardless of the economic cycle
- Dashboard of economic and financial ratios for managing credit risk
- Agricultural lending practices that represent opportunities for growth versus those that incur portfolio risks
- A blended approach to agricultural credit analysis
- Answers to the most common questions Dr. Kohl receives
- Macro-economic dashboard for determining the status and direction of the economy (domestically and globally)
- Business and financial characteristics of various degrees of credit risk
- Seven major questions to ask when conducting accrual analysis
- Refining request filter guide
- Case examples to illustrate concepts such as working capital, core equity, burn rate, and balanced approach to agricultural credit analysis
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webcast is a prime learning environment for new and experienced ag lenders, board members, management, and your customers (the growers and producers).
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – David M. Kohl, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Virginia Tech
Dr. Kohl is Professor Emeritus of Agricultural Finance and Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA. He taught in the Agricultural and Applied Economics Department for 25 years.
Dr. Kohl currently energizes agricultural lenders, producers, and business people with his keen insight into the agricultural industry gained through extensive travel, research, and exposure during his career. He has traveled over 9 million miles in his career; conducted more than 6,000 workshops and seminars for agricultural audiences; published more than 2,100 articles; writes for leading publications; and has been inducted into the Virginia Tech College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Hall of Fame. Dr. Kohl’s personal involvement with agriculture and interaction with key industry players provide a unique perspective into future trends of the agricultural industry and economy.
Originally recorded on April 26, 2018.
Recorded webinar link is available until October 31, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.