The honor of serving on a bank’s board of directors comes with many responsibilities, expectations, and potential liabilities. Even with fewer troubled and failing banks, many boards are concerned about ongoing changes to the banking industry and economy. What about remaining independent in the midst of industry consolidation? What do regulators expect regarding compliance? What is a rural community bank board’s role with cyber security and fraud? While the industry has indeed changed, board members should be encouraged that their primary responsibility has remained the same. This webinar will address the roles of directors and officers in today’s environment. Join us for an overview of regulations related to director responsibilities and liability, the sources of primary risk, and recent trends for mitigating those risks.
- Directors’ and officers’ roles and responsibilities
- Evaluating sources of liability
- Legal duties of care and liability
- Gauging regulatory expectations for directors and officers
- Understanding the current regulatory environment for compliance and risk management
- Meeting stakeholder expectations
- Strategies for mitigating risk
- Compensating directors and officers for risk and potential liability
- Planning for director succession
- 10 Commandments for Community Bank Directors
- 10 Commandments for Dealing with the Regulators
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is best suited for directors and senior executive officers of community banks.
PLEASE NOTE: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Jeffrey C. Gerrish, Gerrish Smith Tuck Consultants & Attorneys
Jeffrey Gerrish is Chairman of the Board of Gerrish Smith Tuck Consultants, LLC and a member of the Memphis-based law firm of Gerrish Smith Tuck, PC, Attorneys. The two firms have assisted over 2,000 financial institutions in all 50 states. Jeff’s consulting and legal practice places special emphasis on strategic planning; community bank mergers and acquisitions; dealing with the regulators, particularly as related to enforcement actions; bank holding company formations; acquisition and ownership planning for directors; stock repurchase plans; regulatory and compliance issues, including fair lending, unfair and deceptive and abusive practices; capital raising; securities law; ESOPs; and other matters of importance to community financial institutions.
Originally recorded on October 23, 2018.
Recorded webinar is available until April 30, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.