Financial institutions provide great value to the American economy. But that value comes with risks. Strategic-minded institutions do not strive to eliminate risk or even to minimize it – they strive to manage risk at the enterprise-wide level. They manage risk exposure so that, at any given time, they incur just enough of the right kind of risk to effectively pursue their strategic goals – no more, no less. This is called “optimal risk-taking.” This webinar will go through a step-by-step process to develop risk assessments to address key areas of your institution. Learn how to develop an enterprise-wide process to conduct risk assessments in a practical, sustainable, and easy-to-understand way. You will receive useful tools and examples that can be implemented immediately.
- Overview and key components of enterprise risk management (ERM)
- Three key areas of ERM and how risk assessments fit in
- The risk assessment process
- Identifying and assessing risks enterprise-wide
- Risk assessment system’s (RAS) relationship to CAMELS rating
- Top eight risks and others
- How to conduct an ERM risk assessment using a matrix – the core of risk assessments
- Various types of risk assessments, based on the area of risk and what they contain
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Marcia Malzahn, Malzahn Strategic
Marci Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, and talent management for financial institutions. Marci has 23 years of banking experience, with the last ten as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she helped start and where she oversaw all operations. In her last year as EVP/COO/CRO, Marci created and focused on the bank’s risk management program.
Originally recorded on February 22, 2017.
Recorded webinar link is available until December 31, 2017.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.