The effective date of the new HMDA rules is right around the corner. It’s imperative that your institution understands the data field changes and is well on the way to defining the processes that will be used to capture the required information. But, have the related policies and procedures been developed or revisited? While the new exam guidelines have not yet been updated, the current guidelines repeatedly instruct examiners to review institutions’ policies and procedures for all phases of the HMDA process. Join us to learn about developing reasonable policies and procedures to guide your staff through the successful implementation of the extensive HMDA changes effective January 1, 2018.
- Expectations for an effective HMDA compliance management system
- Policies, procedures, and processes… what’s the difference?
- Identifying internal and external business processes and policies impacted by the revised HMDA
- What policies are specifically noted within the 2015 HMDA Small Entity Compliance Guide?
- Existing policies and procedures discussed within agency examination procedures
- Lessons learned from the recent $1.75 million HMDA fine issued by the CFPB
- Effectively communicating new and revised policies and procedures
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors, and anyone responsible for ensuring HMDA compliance.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Molly Stull, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Molly Stull began her career as a teller while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. She has experienced the growth of a hometown bank, acquisitions of branches, mergers, charter changes, name changes, etc. Molly has activated business resumption plans, performed secondary market quality control reviews, processed wires, filed SARs, and coordinated reviews with external auditors and examiners. Her favorite role has always been educating staff and strongly believes that if staff understands the reason for a process they will be more compelled to follow the procedures. Molly has holds a Bachelor’s from the University of Akron and an MBA from Ashland University.
Originally recorded on August 25, 2017.
Recorded webinar is available until February 28, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.