The real estate collateral valuation requirements for appraisers and financial institutions are complex. Regulators are serious about the adequacy of appraisal and evaluation procedures and want to ensure compliance with current regulations and guidance statements. Your staff needs a thorough understanding of the appraisal process and the appraisals received. This informative presentation will provide insights and address questions such as:
- Are you ordering the right valuation document?
- Does your evaluation document meet regulatory standards?
- When do you need a new appraisal?
- What are the collateral coverage requirements and what data should be captured on your core system?
- Regulatory expectations
- Common appraisal examination findings noted in community financial institutions
- Appraisal terms, definitions, and validation process
- Basic appraisal and evaluation requirements, including transactions that require appraisals, appraisal exemptions, the useful life of an appraisal, and evaluation standards
- Proper use and process for abundance of caution appraisal exemption and subsequent transactions
- Tax assessment value document
- FAQs about appraisals and appraisal requirements
- Primary elements of an appraisal program
- Collateral coverage data to capture on core system
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This presentation will benefit all real estate lending personnel, including marketing and business development staff, lending officers, lending support staff, auditors, and loan reviewers.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – S. Wayne Linder, Young & Associates, Inc.
A thirty-year banking veteran, Wayne Linder was formerly the CEO of a community bank. As a Senior Consultant with Young & Associates, Wayne works as a lending and management consultant. He assists financial institutions under regulatory enforcement agreements, develops and implements written lending policies, and develops educational material for in-house lending training. Wayne is a popular seminar speaker with both national and international experience.
Originally recorded on August 8, 2017.
Recorded webinar is available until February 28, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.