Your financial institution processes hundreds – maybe thousands – of payments every week. Therefore, it’s vital to understand the difference between each payment type: ACH, cards, wires, and checks. Each payment system has unique rules and regulations for processing, posting, returning, and exception handling. This webinar will explore payment systems’ rules and regulations, and clarify the differences and similarities of the ACH rules, Regulation E, Regulation CC, card rules, and Regulation J. You will learn about common misinterpretations and what to do when the rules conflict.
- Payment systems rules and regulations associated with ACH, cards, wires, and checks
- Difference between ACH, card, wire, and check payments and why your institution must understand the rules that apply to each
- Determining when particular payment system rules and regulations come into play
- What to do with contradictory rules, like ACH versus Regulation E in ACH payments
- Frequently asked questions
- Examples that will clarify complicated payment systems rules
- Payment systems rules cheat sheet
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will best suit ACH professionals, audit/compliance staff, and ACH operations.
PLEASE NOTE: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Jen Kirk, AAP, MBA, EPCOR
Jen Kirk is the VP of Industry Relations, for EPCOR. She has been with EPCOR since 2002, and has presented at several national conferences on subjects such as ACH risk, ACH enforcement, ACH relationships, government ACH payments, and preparing for the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) exam. Jen has served as a member of the National ACH Association (NACHA) Rules and Operations Committee, Member Rules Review Panel, Electronic Check Council, and was co-chair of the National ACH Forum Education Committee. Jen obtained her AAP in 2003, and received an MBA from Ohio University in 2008.
Originally recorded on October 16, 2018.
Recorded webinar is available until April 30, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.