The Bank Protection Act (BPA) and implementing regulations specify security officer requirements. This program will focus on the BPA implementing regulations, especially on Regulation H, to explain what your security program should contain. Although the regulations are very specific, they allow leeway for risk-management decision-making. This program will include industry-standard practices and demonstrate (with photos) how to comply. Security officer dos, don’ts, and best practices will be covered. Other topics will include:
- How often staff should be trained on security
- How new equipment like cash recyclers change training strategies
- The training back office staff should receive (it is different from the frontline)
- How frequently the security officer should receive specialized training, like active shooter
- Factors the security officer should consider when evaluating equipment or training
- BPA and regulatory requirements
- Types of physical inspections the security officer should conduct
- Records the security officers should keep
- What to include and exclude in a written security program
- Robbery training requirements
- The four Ls of security – lighting, landscaping, locations, and locks
- Night inspection program requirements
- Regulation H checklist to determine if your security program is current
- Night inspection form to help implement your physical security inspections
- Proper Employee Conduct During and After a Robbery form for training
- Risk Management Basics: Before, During and After the Robbery
- Risk Management Basics: Robbery Styles
- Risk Management Basics: Physical Risk Assessments, Thinking Like the Robber
- Sample incident report
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session would best suit security officers, risk management professionals, internal auditors, and compliance officers.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Barry Thompson, CRCM, Thompson Consulting Group, LLC
Barry Thompson is an international speaker, trainer, consultant, and writer. He is a security and compliance “guru” for a leading national training organization and regularly presents security conferences for trade groups – he has trained over 47,000 financial professionals.
Barry is recognized worldwide, presenting in Brussels, Belgium to European bankers on internal fraud; at the United Nations on identity theft; and to Japanese bankers on bank security. Barry has worked in the financial services industry for over four decades, and has held the positions of security officer, compliance officer, treasurer, senior vice president, and executive vice president. He has handled over 900 security cases and has been involved with investigations and prosecutions at the federal, state, and local levels. Barry is the author of 101 Security Tips for the Beginning Security Officer and has been interviewed by Newsweek, Computer World, USA Today, and other national publications.
Originally recorded on August 7, 2019.
Recorded webinar is available until February 28, 2020.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.