The BSA officer is often on the front line of defense. Being a BSA officer requires technical knowledge, the ability to navigate and negotiate among entities within the organization, and the capability to deal with auditors and regulators. This webinar will provide a general overview of BSA requirements and examine real-life scenarios. Participants will learn to identify which areas of their institution require further research and which are well in hand. Day-to-day, operational, and other critical issues a new BSA officer needs to know will be addressed.
- The BSA officer’s reality
- Risk assessment overview
- Requirements of CTRs and SARs
- Permissible sharing of information between financial institutions – USA PATRIOT Act Sections 314(a) and 314(b)
- Customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence
- Real requirements of a solid BSA review
- Navigating the BSA players within the institution
- Manual will provide additional information and resources far beyond the information addressed and will provide a roadmap to navigate BSA requirements
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers who are relatively new. More experienced BSA officers will find the information a good refresher, as well as management and any personnel who work with BSA.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Bill Elliott, CRCM, Young & Associates, Inc.
Bill Elliott has over 35 years of banking experience. As a senior compliance consultant and manager of the compliance division with Young & Associates, Inc., Bill works on a variety of compliance-related issues, including leading compliance seminars, conducting compliance reviews, conducting in-house training, and writing compliance articles and training materials.
Bill’s career includes 15 years as a compliance officer and CRA officer in a large community bank, as well as working at a large regional bank. He has experience with consumer, commercial, and mortgage loans, and has managed a variety of bank departments, including loan review, consumer/commercial loan processing, mortgage loan processing, loan administration, credit administration, collections, and commercial loan workout.
Originally recorded on September 13, 2018.
Recorded webinar is available until March 31, 2019.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.