From PTAs to clubs to churches and foundations, nonprofit organizations can be an important part of your depositor base. Do you know how these entities differ from other businesses? Identifying authorized persons, determining proper use of taxpayer identification numbers, and the required documentation and information are all part of opening accounts for nonprofits. Attend this webinar to learn essential regulatory and due diligence requirements.
- What is the best way to determine authorized signers?
- Who must authorize use of the organization’s taxpayer identification number?
- Are there filing requirements when a new organization is formed?
- Which products and services should be available to nonprofit organizations?
- Why are BSA and anti-money laundering requirements important?
- Documentation checklist for nonprofit organizations
- Nonprofit account opening questionnaire
- Red flags for nonprofit accounts
- Sample forms
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new accounts staff, trainers, supervisors, business development staff, branch management, auditors, and compliance personnel.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Mary-Lou Heighes, Compliance Plus, Inc.
Mary-Lou Heighes is President and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has assisted financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training for trade associations and financial institutions. Mary-Lou has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars, and speaks at numerous conferences throughout the country.
Involved with financial institutions since 1989, Mary-Lou has over 20 years’ compliance experience. Before starting Compliance Plus in 2000, she spent five years working as a loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.
Originally recorded on March 27, 2017.
Recorded webinar link is available until September 30, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.