Examiners expect compliance with the annual training requirements of the mortgage loan originator rules. Can you prove that training has been provided and that it was effective? This three-part mortgage lending training series will outline the required steps at each point of the mortgage lifecycle. Part 2 will address post-application requirements. How do you underwrite and approve a mortgage loan request? What notices are required? What must they include? Attend this in-depth series to learn how to avoid costly mistakes and satisfy examiners.
- What disclosures are required within three business days after receiving a completed application?
- “Ability to repay” documentation and characteristics of various qualified mortgage loan options
- Reg B requirements for appraisal copies
- Flood rules, notices, escrow requirements and exemptions, and detached structure rules on residential property
- FCRA issues – risk-based pricing notices to home loan applicants
- Challenging HMDA data collection issues that became effective January 1, 2018 (new rules are expected to be issued by the CFPB due to passage of Senate Bill 2155 for regulatory relief)
- TRID documentation of “intent to proceed” – when fees can be charged and verifications conducted
- Tips for handling common TRID processing issues
- Matrix of 28 types of consumer and commercial real estate secured loans showing requirements and disclosures timetable
- Checklist for consumer-purpose, closed-end loans secured by real property
- HMDA flowchart under the 2018 rules
- Ability to repay worksheet
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON’T MISS PARTS 1 & 3!
This program is the second of three in a series:
Mortgage Lender Training Part 1: Life-of-Loan Reg B Requirements, Including Application, Monitoring & Disclosures
on Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Mortgage Lender Training Part 3: Mortgage Life-of-Loan: Decision-Making, Appraisals, Post-Closing Requirements
on Wednesday, November 14, 2018
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for mortgage lenders, compliance officers, auditors, loan officers, loan assistants, and loan administration staff. Both new and seasoned staff will benefit.
PLEASE NOTE: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Susan Costonis, CRCM, Compliance Consulting and Training for FIs
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.
Originally recorded on October 11, 2018.
Recorded webinar is available until April 30, 2019.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.