Today’s marketing department has the benefit of many advertising options, including social media, websites, TV, radio, and more. Whether your promotions are digital, print, or televised, multiple compliance regulations strictly prescribe what can be said, the elements that should be included, and how they should be displayed. Compliance violations can lead to fines or lawsuits. Join this webinar to learn advertising best practices, the dos and don’ts, and pitfalls to avoid.
- Truth in Lending and Truth in Savings examples of what is/isn’t an advertisement in all types of media
- Technical requirements of those regulations
- Advertising options and the dos and don’ts of each
- Examples that coincide with technical requirements
- How to handle consumer complaints regarding social (or other) media
- Deposit advertising compliance checklist
- Loan advertising compliance checklist
- Sample social media policy
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for marketing/advertising personnel, compliance officers, and auditors.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Ann Brode-Harner, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode-Harner began her career in 1973 and has continued her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has spoken to audiences across the country for over 30 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state associations and has taught at the School of Banking Administration at the University of Wisconsin as well as many other state banking schools. Ann is the author of The Bank Deposit Documentation Manual for Front-Line Personnel published by Bankers Publishing Company, and is well represented in numerous industry publications.
Originally recorded on June 19, 2018.
Recorded webinar link is available until December 31, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.