Your borrower failed to get the required insurance or let the policy lapse. What needs to be done (and when) to protect your institution? What do the regulations say about the different kinds of insurance – homeowner, flood, auto, etc.? In the past, there were no real rules and for some insurance situations that is still true. But now many insurance scenarios have very specific regulatory and timing requirements. This webinar will detail those rules and timing requirements to ensure your institution won’t be criticized, accused of a UDAAP violation, or face an individual or a class action lawsuit from borrowers when your examiners arrive.
- Appropriate approach to flood, homeowner, and general collateral insurance policies (automobiles, etc.)
- Which insurance situations are covered by federal regulations?
- What regulatory requirements must be followed for compliance?
- Management options for force-placed insurance
- Consumer notification process for force-placed flood insurance and hazard insurance
- Insurance placement issues: pros, cons, and timing
- Sample letters for all insurance situations
- Required notices set forth in the regulations
- Manual detailing the requirements to guide you through the force-placed insurance process
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all those involved with the force-placed insurance process at any level – management and staff alike. Auditors and compliance personnel will find this webinar valuable.
PLEASE NOTE: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Bill Elliott, CRCM, Young & Associates, Inc.
Bill Elliott has over 35 years of banking experience. As a senior compliance consultant and manager of the compliance division with Young & Associates, Inc., Bill works on a variety of compliance-related issues, including leading compliance seminars, conducting compliance reviews, conducting in-house training, and writing compliance articles and training materials.
Bill’s career includes 15 years as a compliance officer and CRA officer in a large community bank, as well as working at a large regional bank. He has experience with consumer, commercial, and mortgage loans, and has managed a variety of bank departments, including loan review, consumer/commercial loan processing, mortgage loan processing, loan administration, credit administration, collections, and commercial loan workout.
Originally recorded on December 17, 2018.
Recorded webinar is available until June 30, 2019.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.