Are you up-to-date with the important issues facing both IRA owners and custodians? How do you handle IRA distributions due to divorce? When are IRA accounts subject to an IRS levy request? What are the best practices for dealing with power-of-attorney requests, IRA beneficiary disclaimers, and remitting abandoned IRA assets to the state? This session will cover these important issues that impact your IRA program.
- Handling a transfer versus a distribution subject to divorce notice
- How to process IRS levy requests
- Learn when IRA accounts are not subject to a levy notice
- Scope, authority, limitations, and best practices regarding powers-of-attorney
- Requirements of a valid beneficiary disclaimer
- Why some beneficiaries want to disclaim IRA assets
- An IRA custodian’s responsibilities when remitting abandoned property, including federal income tax withholding implications
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session will provide practical and timely information to staff who have IRA operational, compliance, reporting, or managerial responsibilities. It will also provide those with direct IRA owner contact, including service representatives, licensed insurance representatives, and registered representatives, with current information and reference tools needed to confidently provide answers to commonly asked questions.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Frank J. LaLoggia, LaLoggia Consulting, Inc.
Frank LaLoggia is the President of LaLoggia Consulting, Inc., Rochester, New York, a pension and financial consulting firm that assists financial organizations with ongoing support in the creation, development, and marketing of their retirement plans and financial-services offerings.
Frank coordinates and conducts pension and financial seminars and training programs throughout the United States, including in-house IRA, HSA, and employer retirement plan training. With over 35 years’ experience in employee benefits, and always in demand, his client list is impressive. He has assisted many leading financial organizations in the pension and financial services industries. Frank has achieved the designation of Deferred Compensation Specialist through Northeastern Universities Center for Continuing Education and The National Retirement Plans Training Conference.
Originally recorded on May 16, 2018.
Recorded webinar link is available until November 30, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.