Jan. 1, 2018 was the effective date for extensive, complex HMDA rule changes. This fast-paced webinar will cover implementation challenges and lessons learned after nine months of data collection under the new rules. Join us to learn HMDA reporting best practices, how to avoid common mistakes, and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Six keys for accurate HMDA reporting
- Using HMDA resources to understand key details
- Tips for validity edits
- Submitting questions to the CFPB
- Accuracy in systems
- Clarifying confusing definitions
- HMDA as a team sport
- Four-step HMDA reporting process
- Is there a purpose exclusion?
- Is the transaction dwelling-secured?
- Is the transaction an extension of credit?
- Do other exclusions apply?
- 25 FAQs from webinar participants
- Pain points and common reporting mistakes and solutions
- HMDA key dates timeline and coverage charts
- Compliance resources, including submission checklists and fair lending considerations
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan operations staff, lenders, lending assistants and processors, compliance officers, fair lending officers, and auditors.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Susan Costonis, Compliance Consulting and Training for FIs
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.
Originally recorded on September 21, 2018.
Recorded webinar is available until March 31, 2019.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.