Handling transactions for business accounts can seem intimidating at times, but it doesn’t have to be. This webinar will cover common issues that arise when a business owner, authorized signer, or other party wants to transact on the account. It will also address less common, but more perplexing issues, such as when a separate taxpayer identification number is required and what happens when the business owner dies or becomes incapacitated. Join us to learn how to avoid pitfalls and problems when handling business accounts.
- How is CIP conducted on a business?
- Can authorized signers deposit personal checks into a business account?
- Who can change signers on a sole proprietorship, corporation, or LLC account?
- What is a DBA, and what does it mean?
- What happens when a business owner dies?
- Are site visits important?
- When should beneficial ownership information be updated?
- Business account documentation chart
- Sample beneficial ownership certification and instructions
- Business account questionnaire
- Helpful internet sites
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for staff who open new accounts, take deposits, or handle transactions at the teller line, by mail, ATM, or call center, including new account representatives, service representatives, tellers, compliance staff, and auditors.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Mary-Lou Heighes, Compliance Plus, Inc.
Mary-Lou Heighes is President and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has assisted financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training for trade associations and financial institutions. Mary-Lou has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars, and speaks at numerous conferences throughout the country.
Involved with financial institutions since 1989, Mary-Lou has over 20 years’ compliance experience. Before starting Compliance Plus in 2000, she spent five years working as a loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.
Originally recorded on September 7, 2018.
Recorded webinar is available until March 31, 2019.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.