The FFIEC’s Appendix J is an important amendment covering four key business continuity principles that should be addressed with vendors. Appendix J focuses on financial institutions’ responsibility to strengthen technology resilience and maintain sound practices, regardless of whether technology services are outsourced. If your operations go down when your third party goes down, both you and your vendor need a strong prevention and remediation plan for this potentially high-impact event.
A strong vendor management program ensures your vendors have the right plans in place if disaster strikes. Join this session to learn the important aspects of the Appendix J guidance and how it relates to business continuity issues.
- Four key principles of Appendix J from the FFIEC IT Examination Handbook
- Appendix J’s impact on your other third-party risk practices
- How business continuity affects the six vendor management pillars
- Best practices in vendor management
- What to do when disaster strikes
- Importance of a risk-based approach
- Disaster recovery infographic – how and why it extends to your third parties
- Infographic – business continuity in relation to your third parties
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar will benefit compliance officers, compliance staff, internal auditors, risk management personnel, chief operating officers, chief risk officers, and those involved in third-party risk management.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Branan Cooper, Venminder
Branan Cooper is the Chief Risk Officer at Venminder. He has over 25 years’ experience in the financial industry with a focus on the management of internal processes and controls – most notably in third-party risk and operational compliance. Branan joined Venminder from Bancorp Bank where he was senior VP and Director of Third-Party Risk Management. He has held similar positions with PartnersFirst, the credit card division of Western Alliance Bancorp, and at MBNA America. A frequent speaker at industry events, Branan received his Bachelor’s from Duke University and completed the Graduate School of Retail Bank Management and the ABA’s Graduate School of Compliance Management.
Originally recorded on May 17, 2018.
Recorded webinar link is available until November 30, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.