One of the most challenging jobs for a director of a financial institution is to analyze, evaluate, then approve or deny loans. Most often, the board has little or no experience in making loans, yet directors are asked to approve the largest and most complex credits. This webinar will discuss the most important criteria in making credit decisions with a thorough discussion of the key components and ratios of a strong credit. At the conclusion of this webinar, you will have the knowledge needed to make the tough credit decisions you are asked to make.
- How to assess general credit risk
- How to determine the creditworthiness of a borrower
- Importance of the appraisal
- Standard regulatory guidelines for various loan types
- Credit concentration risk
- Acceptable allowance for loan and lease loss (ALLL) methodologies
- A simplistic method for pricing a loan or group of loans
- Review of a commercial real estate loan
- Loan pricing methodology
- How to find peer information from the Uniform Bank Performance Report (UBPR)
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for financial institution directors, C-level officers, and lenders.
PLEASE NOTE: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Gary J. Young, Founder and Chairman, Young & Associates, Inc.
Gary J. Young is Chief Executive Officer of Young & Associates, Inc. During 40 years in consulting and 50 years in the industry, he has assisted hundreds of financial institutions from coast-to-coast with improving shareholder value and profit, establishing effective strategic plans, management assessments, regulatory concerns, budgeting, asset/liability management, expansion planning, and mergers and acquisitions.
Gary is a popular speaker due to his practical and valuable insight and has conducted seminars throughout the United States and in Europe. Gary is on the board of a community bank, manages a bank investment fund, and is a co-founder of Capital Market Securities, Inc., which assists with mergers and acquisitions.
Originally recorded on July 31, 2018.
Recorded webinar is available until January 31, 2019.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.