Deposit operations staff must comply with dozens of rules and regulations to avoid regulatory scrutiny, fines, and penalties against your institution. This program will go beyond the basics and cover error resolution, excessive withdrawals, and hold requirements – areas that frequently appear in examiners’ consumer compliance reports. In addition, the recent beneficial ownership requirements and changes to the check collection process will be addressed. Deposit operations staff must also watch for internet gambling, monitor for fraud, and ensure deposit accounts are working as described in the disclosures. Attend this important session for a review of the regulations governing deposit operations.
- Deposit interest rate change process and tips to ensure deposit compliance checks and balances
- Transactions that count towards the Reg D limits and what to do when excessive transactions occur
- Tips on incorporating Reg GG into your account-opening procedures
- Red flags of potential fraud for deposit operations staff
- Error resolution process – verbal notice through communicating investigation results to the accountholder
- Color-coded Reg CC hold chart with exception hold tips
- Deposit rate change request form
- Chart for Reg D transaction limitations
- Internet gambling certification
- Sample Reg E dispute form and log
- List of red flags
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for deposit operations staff, including those involved with servicing, selling, auditing, or compliance.
PLEASE NOTE: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Molly Stull, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Molly Stull began her career as a teller while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. She has experienced the growth of a hometown bank, acquisitions of branches, mergers, charter changes, name changes, etc. Molly has activated business resumption plans, performed secondary market quality control reviews, processed wires, filed SARs, and coordinated reviews with external auditors and examiners. Her favorite role has always been educating staff and strongly believes that if staff understands the reason for a process they will be more compelled to follow the procedures. Molly holds a Bachelor’s from the University of Akron and an MBA from Ashland University.
Originally recorded on October 30, 2018.
Recorded webinar is available until April 30, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.