Many bankers struggle to understand how regulatory capital is calculated and how to complete Schedule RC-R. Designed specifically for community banks, this webinar will take an in-depth look at regulatory capital. It will provide an overview of the existing regulatory capital rules and recent proposals, how to calculate capital ratios, the impact of the capital conservation buffer and prompt corrective action standards, and guidance on risk-weighting bank assets and commitments.
- Overview of the recent regulatory capital changes in the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act
- Overview of the existing Basel III standards and capital calculations
- How the capital conservation buffer may impact your institution
- Deeper look at risk-weighted assets including:
- Residential and multifamily loans
- High volatility commercial real estate (HVCRE) loans
- Off-balance-sheet liabilities
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Risk weighting guide
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for Call Report preparers and reviewers, bank management, and board members responsible for overseeing the bank’s capital.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Amanda C. Garnett, CPA, CFSA, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
Amanda Garnett is a principal in the Financial Institutions Group of CliftonLarsonAllen LLP in the Peoria, Illinois office. She has experience in the areas of financial statement audits, internal audits, regulatory reporting, tax compliance, and consulting for financial institutions ranging from $10 million to $5 billion in assets.
Amanda oversees coordination and delivery of tax services for community bank clients served out of CLA’s Midwest Region. She has extensive expertise in federal tax compliance, state tax issues, tax planning, and mergers and acquisitions. In addition to tax services, Amanda performs consulting services and training for financial institutions across the country on Call Reports and regulatory capital.
Originally recorded on September 18, 2018.
Recorded webinar is available until March 31, 2019.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.