Will your BSA/AML program pass the next exam? BSA/AML programs require constant updating due to the evolving threats of money laundering, financial crimes, and regulatory changes. Do you know about the important issues ranging from beneficial ownership to marijuana-related businesses? This webinar will focus on current and upcoming regulatory expectations, including the new beneficial ownership rule, effective May 11, 2018, and recent FinCEN advisories. It will highlight “hot” issues and provide key take-aways that will strengthen your institution’s BSA/AML program.
- Regulatory expectations for BSA and anti-money laundering (AML) risks
- Including recent FinCEN advisories addressing mandatory reporting of cyber-enabled crime, adequate AML testing and effectiveness, and anticipated changes to the BSA exam manual
- Highlights of law enforcement cases, including FinCEN’s actions against individual employees
- FinCEN warning about combatting elder financial exploitation
- Department of Justice changes regarding marijuana-related businesses announced on January 4, 2018
- Beneficial owner and CDD rule changes effective May 11, 2018, including verification of a “legal entity”
- SAR checklist to identify, monitor, and report suspicious activity based on BSA exam procedures and the risk assessment process
- Sample BSA responsibility matrix, including SAR monitoring and CIP
- Sample CDD policy for new beneficial ownership requirements and the fifth pillar of BSA
- SAR investigation report template
- Format for quarterly BSA/AML/OFAC reporting to the board
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for anyone with BSA/AML responsibility, especially designated BSA Officers and staff, senior management, security/risk managers, compliance officers, auditors, legal counsel, and trainers.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Susan Costonis, CRCM, Compliance Consulting and Training for FIs
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.
Originally recorded on April 10, 2018.
Recorded webinar link is available until October 31, 2018.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.