The frontline is the first line of defense in identifying and reporting suspicious activity. Therefore, it’s crucial that frontline staff receive initial and annual training on BSA/AML requirements and fully understand what is expected during their day-to-day duties. This session will detail BSA/AML rule components, including red flags for money laundering, CIP documentation, CDD rules, OFAC screening, CTR completion, maintaining information for the sale of monetary instruments, and much more! Arm your frontline with the knowledge and tools needed to comply.
- Overview of the five BSA pillars
- Currency transaction reporting (CTR) rules and how to avoid errors
- Identifying and reporting suspicious activity
- OFAC screening responsibilities
- Gathering the information required to meet CDD requirements
- Red flags for hot-button, high-risk activities, including elder financial exploitation, marijuana-related businesses, and human trafficking
- Noncompliance penalties
- Audit checklist for CTR accuracy
- Sample suspicious incident report
- Elder abuse, marijuana-related businesses, human trafficking, and money laundering red flags
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for frontline staff, new accounts personnel, and branch management.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Dawn Kincaid, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has 17 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Dawn served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. Dawn has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, coordinated internal and external audits and exams, and presented for numerous state associations.
Originally recorded on July 16, 2019.
Recorded webinar is available until January 31, 2020.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.