The regulators’ request for your next examination arrives – and board and committee minutes are at the top of their list. Are yours complete? Have policy approvals, loan approvals, discussions, motions, and training been appropriately documented?
The board secretary is integral to efficient board meetings. This session will review the secretary’s responsibilities and provide best practices to enhance corporate governance administration, from planning and establishing the agenda and delivering the board package, to transcribing meeting notes and documenting details in the official minutes. In this dynamic industry involving corporate governance, compliance, and director liability, the critical role of the board secretary cannot be overstated. What are the dos and don’ts of this important role? How can the board secretary be more effective? This session will provide the answers to these questions and more.
- Setting the agenda: communicating with directors and management
- Policies, officer designations, reports, and other items for board review
- Board reports – highlighting details that directors need to know
- Electronic board package – delivery, confidentiality, and IT considerations
- Required board training
- Documenting meeting details and crafting minutes
- Minutes: supporting documentation and record retention requirements
- Sample meeting agenda
- Sample policy review schedule
- Sample minutes format and language
- Sample audit/examination finding tracking log
- Electronic board packet procedures
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board secretaries, directors, and senior management.
PLEASE NOTE: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Dawn Kincaid, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has 17 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Dawn served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. Dawn has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, and coordinated internal and external audits and exams.
Originally recorded on November 9, 2018.
Recorded webinar is available until May 31, 2019.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.