As a director, how do you review your board report packet and identify potential red flags in tandem with your fiduciary responsibility? Recognizing red flags starts with examining the list of reports and their contents, then extends to management’s presentation and timeliness. Although not all red flags have a negative consequence, their appearance should alert you to ask questions that either resolve the issue or mitigate the situation before it turns into an exception item on your next examination report. Attend this webinar and enhance your ability to recognize potential red flags.
- Types of reports commonly included in board packages
- Potential red flags categorized by board report topic
- Are complaints and other warning signs on the board’s radar?
- Recognizing audit and exam exceptions as potential red flags
- Importance of performing board evaluations to evaluate director interactions
- List of red flags by report area
- Sample board agenda
- Complaint log
- Audit/exam exception tracking log
- New product/service risk assessment
- Sample BSA/AML officer report
- Performance evaluation to use as a board self-assessment tool
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board members, senior management, and board secretaries.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Molly Stull, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Molly Stull began her career as a teller while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. She has experienced the growth of a hometown bank, acquisitions of branches, mergers, charter changes, name changes, etc. Molly has activated business resumption plans, performed secondary market quality control reviews, processed wires, filed SARs, and coordinated reviews with external auditors and examiners. Her favorite role has always been educating staff and strongly believes that if staff understands the reason for a process they will be more compelled to follow the procedures. Molly holds a Bachelor’s from the University of Akron and an MBA from Ashland University.
Originally recorded on March 28, 2019.
Recorded webinar is available until September 30, 2019.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.