The TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) mortgage loan requirements continue to be a significant hot spot for mortgage lenders. While examiners initially looked for good faith efforts to comply, examiners and auditors now require full compliance with even the most technical TRID requirements. This means mortgage lenders – led by their compliance and audit teams – need to ensure compliant disclosures and procedures. These compliance efforts must span the TRID spectrum – timing requirements, written lists of providers, tolerance levels, and documentation of the intent to proceed, changed circumstances, and disclosure receipt confirmation.
While a full review and analysis of TRID requirements is not possible, this webinar will provide answers to common questions and likely areas of scrutiny. Timing requirements, written lists of providers, and tolerance levels will be specifically analyzed. Documentation and record retention requirements will also be addressed. Most importantly, this training incorporates the BCFP’s TRID amendments which require mandatory compliance by Oct. 1, 2018.
- Timing requirements for loan estimates, written lists of providers, and revised loan estimates
- Tolerance levels and ability to reset tolerance levels
- Documentation requirements for intent to proceed, changed circumstances, and an applicant’s receipt of required disclosures
- Common questions and resources regarding documenting compliance
- Tips for pinpointing regulatory sections for additional research and confirmation
- Regulatory citations with answers to frequently asked questions
- Summary of tolerance levels and examples of tolerance violations and cure processes
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for mortgage lenders, compliance staff, and audit teams. Having representatives from each department will ensure everyone is on the same page when reviewing common issues.
PLEASE NOTE: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Steven Van Beek, Esq., NCCO, Howard & Howard Attorneys PLLC
Steve Van Beek is an attorney at Howard & Howard Attorneys PLLC where he concentrates his practice in the area of financial regulations. He assists financial institutions throughout the country manage and reduce compliance, legal, and reputation risks. Prior to joining Howard & Howard, he served as the Vice President of Regulatory Compliance at the National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU). He received his Bachelor’s from Hope College and his J.D. from George Mason University School of Law and is a member of the American Bar Association.
Originally recorded on November 1, 2018.
Recorded webinar is available until May 31, 2019.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.