Commercial loans carry the most risk and technical requirements, and therefore they receive the most examiner scrutiny. This session will go beyond the basics and provide a better understanding of protections and safeguards to use when drafting loan and collateral security documents and underwriting loans. This is a must-attend webinar for commercial lenders seeking more advanced training, including how to avoid hazards .
- Identifying the parties to the loan – beneficial ownership rule
- Ensure you know who owns, guarantees, and is authorized or required to sign which documents
- Loan agreement covenants and when to consider using more than boilerplate covenants
- Perfection of security interest, including different types of collateral (marketable securities, deposit accounts, life insurance policies, equipment and inventory, contracts or receivables, leases, etc.)
- Title insurance policies, including endorsements and exceptions
- Subordination agreements – when to get them, what is being subordinated (repayment priority, lien position), and when to ask for subordination of loans to shareholders
- Documenting commercial construction loans
- A general liability policy does not cover a subcontractor’s faulty workmanship
- Commercial lending compliance hot spots
- Commercial loan documentation checklist
- Commercial real estate documentation checklist
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for commercial lenders and support staff, loan review staff, and auditors.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Doug Blay, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Doug Blay began his banking career in 1985 and has continued his service to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas, including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, and management. He has 33 years of experience in commercial lending, specializing in commercial real estate, commercial and industrial (C&I), and agricultural lending. Doug is vice president of Sutton Bank in Ohio and provides consulting for Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Originally recorded on May 23, 2019.
Recorded webinar is available until November 30, 2019.
Free Digital Copy included with purchase to download and view beyond link expiration date.
Price includes sales tax.